Yet again, an eventful year is coming to an end! To reflect on 2022, we asked our Scandians a few questions about their highlights and learnings.
You'll also find out what we're looking forward to in 2023 and how we can best unwind between the years. So, grab a hot drink and - enjoy!
What was your personal Scandio highlight in 2022?
- Maximilian: Scandio Team Connect, definitely!
- Mile: The Team Connect - an overall well-organized event.
- Katharina: Our "Get-to-Know Regensburg" day.
- Lukas: I'm joining in with Team Connect. This year's ShipIt Days were also a highlight!
- Leo: ShitIt. (Editor's note: Title of a ShipIt project that involved an overall makeover of the restrooms in our Munich office.)
- Sabine: Meeting my new colleagues at the Scandio office.
Was there a particularly awkward/funny moment or even a failure?
- Maximilian: On a team evening at the Munich office, we tried the "Schwenk-Halbe". 10 out of 10 Hinterschütt points!
- Lukas: The PI Planning Afterparty in Berlin with Tini and Matze.
- Sabine: Shooting an interview with Nina for our social media channels was really fun!
What learning are you taking with you into the new year?
- Maximilian: Team events are great, you can meet new colleagues and get to know old colleagues even better.
- Lukas: Self-organization can be a big challenge.
- Leo: Self-organization does not work on its own and must be actively pursued by everyone. Growth is a great opportunity, but can also be a challenge.
- Mile: There is a lot to do. But that motivates me for the new year.
- Sabine: Within every changed situation lies a new opportunity.
Was there anything you did for the first time this year? And would you do it again?
- Maximilian: I attended a conference with colleagues for the first time. Would definitely do it again. 11/10 points!
- Katharina: A team change! It's totally exciting to get to know other working methods and to be allowed to adjust to a new team.
- Lukas: Working completely in Scrum - YES!
What are you most looking forward to in 2023?
- Maximilian: To the normalization of life after this tough year (Corona, war, economic crisis).
- Katharina: In the current situation, it is rather difficult for me to look positively into the future.
- Lukas: I agree with that.
- Mile: To all the changes we'll be embracing!
- Sabine: I look forward to working with new colleagues.
What do you do "in between the years"?
- Maximilian: I hopefully will go on vacation (it's too cold for me).
- Katharina: Teaching my niece how to snowboard.
- Lukas: VACATION!
- Leo: Turn off Slack notifications, video gaming, reading.
- Mile: Air dry my smoked meat and monitor the progress.
- Sabine: Celebrate with my family and learn how to "do nothing".
How do you celebrate the end of the year? Are you having a big party or do you prefer to be at home with family/friends?
- Maximilian: I don't organize big parties myself, but if someone invites me, I will gladly join. Otherwise, I will enjoy a cozy evening with one or two friends at the raclette followed by board games.
- Katharina: Hiking up the mountain with a small group of friends around midnight and toasting to the new year with ice-cold feet.
- Lukas: Rather cozy with a few friends.
- Leo: Yes.
- Sabine: Very relaxed with my family.
Thank you for your insights and reviews of the past year and your holiday plans!